Jefferson County Conservation District has been working collaboratively since 1946 to help landowners in Jefferson County responsibly and efficiently manage their land and associated natural resources. As a non-regulatory agency, Jefferson County Conservation District provides service solely at the request of the property owner. District staff will assess the landowner’s desired result and provide technical assistance and, in some cases, financial assistance to achieve that goal. We provide confidential counsel to landowners without risk of regulation.
Most District services are available to Jefferson County landowners and residents at no cost, including site analysis and technical assistance.
- farm planning
- small forest planning
- conservation & restoration planning
- pasture weed walks
- use of weed removal tools
- use of tarps to shade out invasive species as a habitat restoration strategy
- use of soil probe to collect samples for soil testing
- watershed-scale water quality monitoring and historic reports
- workshops, tours, and educational opportunities
- and more!